Learn about Your Community Health Access Program Benefits
The Community Health Access Program (CHAP) provides health coverage for adults and dependent children who don’t have access to other health coverage. Community Health Access Program (CHAP) members receive financial help paying monthly premiums and have no out-of-pocket costs for most care at Kaiser Permanente facilities.
Members will get the Kaiser Permanente Platinum Gold 0/20 HMO plan.
- You won’t pay a monthly premium.
- There are low or no costs for most covered services at Kaiser Permanente facilities.
Once you become a Kaiser Permanente member, you’ll be able to:
- Choose your doctor based on what’s important to you, from specialty to
- Manage your health anywhere — check most lab test results and order most prescription refills online or with our app. (1) (2)
- Email your doctor’s office with nonurgent questions, or schedule a phone appointment or video visit. (3)
- Save time with many services under one roof, like X-rays and pharmacy. Learn more about the facilities in your area here.
1 These features are available when you get care at Kaiser Permanente facilities.
2 To use the Kaiser Permanente app, you must be a Kaiser Permanente member registered on kp.org.
3 When appropriate and available.
With CHAP you are enrolled in Kaiser Permanente’s Gold 0/20 health plan. This plan includes many benefits, such as preventive care, medication, vision services, and pediatric dental coverage.
To learn more about the Kaiser Permanente Gold 0/20 health plan benefits, check out the Summary of Benefits and Coverage to then select Gold 0/20.
- You can also get a paper copy at any time without charge by calling Member Services at 1-800-464-4000.
- You’ll need your plan name, which is stated above.
- You can also review the Combined Membership Agreement, Disclosure Form, and Evidence of Coverage – Maryland | Virginia for the Kaiser Permanente Gold 0/20 plan, which provides detailed plan information.
Note: These documents show copayments for services under the Kaiser Permanente Gold 0/20 plan, but membership in CHAP includes medical financial assistance. Under CHAP, you do not have to pay co-payments for most covered services at Kaiser Permanente’s medical offices.
* Continued eligibility for the Community Health Access Program is not guaranteed. We reserve the right to close enrollment or change the CHAP eligibility requirements at any time.