Learn about Your Community Health Care Program Benefits
The Community Health Care Program provides a subsidy to help pay your monthly premiums and most out-of-pocket medical costs. Children and young adults under 26 can get high-quality preventive and specialty care.
Members will get the Kaiser Permanente Platinum 90 HMO plan.
- You won’t pay a monthly premium.
- There are low or no costs for most covered services at Kaiser Permanente facilities.
Once you become a Kaiser Permanente member, you’ll be able to:
- Choose your doctor based on what’s important to you, from specialty to
- Manage your health anywhere — check most lab test results and order most prescription refills online or with our app. (1) (2)
- Email your doctor’s office with nonurgent questions, or schedule a phone appointment or video visit. (3)
- Save time with many services under one roof, like X-rays and pharmacy. Learn more about the facilities in your area here.
1 These features are available when you get care at Kaiser Permanente facilities.
2 To use the Kaiser Permanente app, you must be a Kaiser Permanente member registered on kp.org.
3 When appropriate and available.
With CHCP you are enrolled in Kaiser Permanente’s Platinum 90 – HMO health plan. This plan includes many benefits, such as preventive care, medication, vision services, and pediatric dental coverage.
To learn more about the Kaiser Permanente Platinum 90 – HMO health plan benefits, check out the Summary of Benefits and Coverage to see key features of the plan. Click here or visit kp.org/sbc, choose California, then select Platinum 90 HMO.
- You can also get a paper copy at any time without charge by calling Member Services at 1-800-464-4000.
- You’ll need your plan name, which is stated above.
- You can also review the Combined Membership Agreement, Disclosure Form, and Evidence of Coverage for the Kaiser Permanente Platinum 90 – HMO plan, which provides detailed plan information.
Note: These documents show copayments for services under the Kaiser Permanente Platinum 90 – HMO plan, but membership in the Community Health Care Program includes medical financial assistance. Under the Community Health Care Program, you do not have to pay copayments for most covered services at Kaiser Permanente’s medical offices and hospitals.
* Continued eligibility for the Community Health Care Program is not guaranteed. We reserve the right to close enrollment or change the Community Health Care Program’s eligibility requirements at any time.