How to Apply for Child Health Program
Open enrollment for 2019 has ended, but you can still apply during a special enrollment period if you experience a qualifying life event.
Special Enrollment Period
You can apply for coverage if you have a certain type of event in your life — called a qualifying life event. A qualifying life event is when something important in your life changes. For example, if you get married or divorced, give birth, or lose health coverage because you lost your job, you can apply for coverage through Child Health Program.
In general, the special enrollment period lasts 60 days after a qualifying life event.
If you have a qualifying life event, you’ll need to complete:
- The Special Enrollment Period Form and send us proof of your qualifying life event
- Your Kaiser Permanente for Individual and Families Application
- The Kaiser Permanente Subsidy Eligibility form and include proof of income
- If you are self-employed, are paid in cash, or have other sources of income, complete this Reporting Form for Other Income.
* Continued eligibility for the Child Health Program is not guaranteed. We reserve the right to close enrollment or change the Child Health Program’s eligibility requirements at any time.