How to Apply for Child Health Program
There’s a deadline to apply for health care coverage no matter what time of year you apply. It’s important that you submit your application by the Open Enrollment deadlines below.
For a summary of what this plan covers, check out the benefit details.
Open Enrollment 2023
You may apply for Child Health Program during the open enrollment period, which runs from November 1, 2022 through January 31, 2023.
|To start coverage on:||Send your completed paperwork by:|
|January 1, 2023||December 31, 2022|
|February 1, 2023||January 31, 2023|
1. Fill out this application for health coverage
Kaiser Permanente for Individual and Families Application for Health Coverage
Review our Child Health Program Instruction Guide for specific instructions.
Note: Social Security numbers or tax identification numbers are NOT required to apply for the Child Health Program, but if you have one please include it on the application.
2. Fill out this form for the Kaiser Permanente Child Health Program subsidy. (Be sure to include proof of income when you mail in your child/children’s application.)
Kaiser Permanente Application for Subsidy form
Here are the best ways to show proof of your income:
If you get a paycheck or direct deposit, we need:
- your last 2 paycheck stubs, or
- your most recent W-2, or
- your most recent wage or tax statement
If you work for yourself, we need:
- a Schedule C and page 1 of your last federal tax return (showing your adjusted gross income), or
- a completed Profit and Loss Statement form
If you get paid in cash, we need:
- a signed letter of income from your employer on company letterhead or the Reporting Form for Other Income
If you have income from other sources (e.g. social security, unemployment benefits):
- include documentation showing proof (e.g. a benefit statement)
Need help completing the Application for Subsidy form? Find a local organization near you that can help.
3. Send your completed forms and proof of income to one of the following options:
By email: (preferred)
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
California Service Center
P.O. Box 23127
San Diego, CA 92193-3127
Note: Sending your forms to us does not guarantee that your child/children will be approved for the Child Health Program. We may ask you for more information to determine your child/children’s eligibility.
When you’ll hear from us: We’ll let you know if we can include your child/children in the Child Health Program after we receive and review your completed forms and proof of income.
*Continued eligibility for the Child Health Program is not guaranteed. We reserve the right to close enrollment or change the CHP eligibility rules at any time. If you are approved for CHP, the subsidy period is limited and we will contact you in the future to confirm that you still qualify.