How to Apply for Community Health Care Program – Important Deadlines
There’s a deadline to apply for Community Health Care Program.
Open Enrollment 2019
You may apply for Community Health Care Program during the open enrollment period, which runs from October 15, 2018 through January 15, 2019.
To start coverage on:
January 1, 2019
February 1, 2019
We must receive your forms by:
December 15, 2018
January 15, 2019
Apply for the Community Health Care Program in 3 steps
1. Fill out this application for health coverage
For the Summary of Benefits and Coverage for the Platinum 90 – HMO plan, click here or visit kp.org/sbc, choose California, then select Platinum 90 HMO. A paper copy can be obtained at any time without charge by calling Kaiser Permanente Member Services at 1-800-464-4000, TTY 711, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You’ll need the plan name, which is stated above.
Note: Social Security numbers (SSN) or tax identification numbers (TIN) are NOT required to apply for the Community Health Care Program, but if you have an SSN or TIN please include it on the application.
2. Fill out this form for the Kaiser Permanente Community Health Care Program subsidy.
Be sure to include proof of income when you mail in your application. Here are the best ways to show proof of your income:
If you get a paycheck or direct deposit, we need:
- your last 2 paycheck stubs, or
- your most recent W-2, or
- your most recent wage or tax statement
If you work for yourself, we need:
- a Schedule C and page 1 of your last federal tax return (showing your adjusted gross income), or
- a completed Profit and Loss Statement form
If you get paid in cash, we need:
- a signed letter of income from your employer on company letterhead
If you have income from other sources (e.g. social security, unemployment benefits):
- a completed Reporting Form for Other Income
- include documentation showing proof (e.g. a benefit statement)
Need help completing the Subsidy Eligibility form? Find a local organization near you that can help.
3. Mail your completed forms and proof of income to:
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
California Service Center
P.O. Box 939095
San Diego, CA 92193-9095
Note: Mailing your forms to us does not guarantee that you will be approved for CHCP. We may ask you for more information to determine your eligibility.
We’ll let you know if we can include you in the Community Health Care Program after we receive and review your completed forms and proof of income.
* Continued eligibility for the Community Health Care Program is not guaranteed. We reserve the right to close enrollment or change the Community Health Care Program’s eligibility requirements at any time.